Join us for The Battle of Azeroth! 

One Page Quick Guide

Saint
Officer

One Page Quick Guide

Postby Saint Tue, 03 Feb 2015 14:22:29

Hi guys, here's a nicely illustrated guide for Blackrock Foundry (by reddit user Pushme). It was made from beta testing info so could be subject to a few tweaks and changes but it's a great reference to have while we are learning.

Here's the link, enjoy.

There's also a Blackrock Foundry Gear Drops Quick List if anyone's interested.
FALL DOWN SEVEN TIMES, STAND UP EIGHT.
Norevlov

Re: One Page Quick Guide

Postby Norevlov Wed, 04 Feb 2015 10:10:35

That's a very nice guide and a good read for everyone, I would suggest that everyone watches videos for all of the bosses but in particular watch the videos for Gruul, Oregorger and The Blast Furnace.

Also bear in mind that the tactics you read on the link above may not be the exact tactics we will use so make sure to pay attention before bosses. Generally the tactics are at least 90% the same as everyone uses.
Saint
Officer

Postby Saint Thu, 05 Feb 2015 14:19:24

Two-minute tips, my preference over Fatboss (so much more concise, so much less obnoxious!);

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDGEPPf ... qwqiyuvraJ

They have all BRF bosses in the same playlist. And they're only two-minute (or close enough) vids, I prefer reading text tactics or diagrams, but even I managed to sit through their videos. :)

Some other diagrams as I anticipate on the "pacman" phase of Oregorger we might have some troubles.

http://i.imgur.com/ClNl49k.jpg

Same diagram to clarify movement paths;
http://i.imgur.com/cO44KhP.png

I'm seeing this a lot;
Whenever he stops during the roll, he will never roll back in the direction he came from.
So manoeuvring behind, if possible, seems the simplest way to avoid being rolled over.
Norevlov

Postby Norevlov Thu, 05 Feb 2015 15:06:07

The 'pacman' phase should be fine, I have a plan that should mean that no one gets run over. In fact I would go as far as saying that if everyone just follows a few simple rules then there is no reason why this boss shouldn't be dead tonight.
Shinobi
Officer

Postby Shinobi Thu, 05 Feb 2015 15:12:46

How cunning is your plan?
If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.
Saint
Officer

Postby Saint Thu, 05 Feb 2015 22:41:39

Some strategies on positioning / swapping etc here;

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/170 ... recked-us/

eta;

I'd really like to try tanking with this method out on Sunday (if Norevlov also thinks it looks ok);
have the off-tank stand in one of the groups. Taunt when inferno starts casting. As soon as it finishes casting the main tank taunts again. The off-tank then moves to the other group and waits for the next inferno, which he taunts once more, with the MT taunting back again.
On the third inferno, the off-tank moves to the main tank (who does not taunt) and the main tank moves to the group that's next on the inferno list.
Not only is this far less movement involved, the main tank himself does not have to move to land the inferno's. Which means overall positioning on everyone is easier, as the off-tank should be able to easily re-adjust with the dps clump as they're avoiding things.
Also we found taking 3 inferno's to be necessary. If we swapped out at 2, I ended up with 18 stacks of the melee debuff, which meant each melee attack was doing upwards of 300,000 damage. Much easier to just use cooldowns to survive the inferno's.

from http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/2us6wr/

I like that the method above means the tank making sure inferno slice lands where it should is already in the group, and the rest of the group at that colour can spread out for petrifying slam as needed, whilst still kinda hugging the tank. :hug I also think it would make the swap smoother.

Norevlov, (or anyone else I guess! Don't know if the other tanks in my team come on the boards much) what do you think? Could it work for our team this way?

edit; just in case anyone is reading this, yeah, having the OT taunt into each soak group is definitely the way to go. Makes this so much easier. His cast time on inferno slice seems faster on HC so running to the group is a pain, it's much smoother to have the MT only worry about taunting back after the first 2 slices.

Return to “Blackrock foundry”